Thursday, July 10, 2008

Woman gives birth in her pants

Filed under: , , ,

As someone who had to have each one of her babies surgically removed, stories about people having babies as easily as passing gas blows my mind.

While pregnant with her second child, one of my friends went a regularly scheduled last-trimester appointment with her OB unaware that she was walking around dilated to 7 cm.

But a woman in Pennsylvania has my friend's story beat: her labor progressed so rapidly, the baby ended up inside her pants while she was in the hospital parking lot.

"It happened so fast," Rebecca Johnson, 24, told the Daily Courier in Connellsville. "I didn't know what happened until he was in my pant leg."

In spite of the amazing birth story, Johnson named her baby Mason instead of Levi.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments