Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Get fit with Stroller Strides

Filed under: , ,

I'm a morning exerciser through and through. If I don't roll out of bed, throw on my running gear and head out the door before fully waking up and realizing what I'm doing, I'm toast. Plus, if I leave early enough, I can leave Wito at the house with my husband before he leaves for work.

However, a couple of days ago, I got a late start and noticed a gaggle of stroller-clad women on my usual route. They seemed to be having a great time, walking briskly and chatting up a storm. The group seemed too large to be a group of friends, so when I returned home, I hopped online and realized it was a Stroller Strides group.

Stroller Strides is a total fitness program for new moms that they can do with their babies. It includes Power Walking and intervals of body toning using exercise tubing and the stroller. Taught by specially trained instructors, it's a great workout for all levels of fitness. Plus, it's a great way to meet other new moms in your area.

Stroller Strides has both outdoor and indoor classes. Click here to see if a class is near you.
Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments