Wednesday, July 23, 2008

How to get a human customer service rep via phone

Filed under: , , ,

You're balancing a crabby baby on one hip while trying to straighten out your credit card bill on the phone wedged between your shoulder and ear. Only instead of a friendly customer service person, you find yourself trapped in a circle of automated hell where #1 means "yes", #2 equals "no", #3 means "Shove it", #4 is "Baby, I'm sorry. Please don't hang up and make me start again!"

The nice people at GetHuman have created a crib sheet of buttons to press to bypass the automated nonsense and get straight to a human as quickly as possible, which is a handy bit of information for anyone.

However, I don't see my favorite method, which is to yell, "DAMMIT' into the phone when the voice recognition device can't decipher my Michigan accent. That gets me human assistance every time.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments