Sunday, July 13, 2008

Nicole Richie fears pain of childbirth

Filed under: , , ,

According to this article, Nicole Richie is so scared of the pain of giving birth that she has consulted a hypnotist. Richie, whose child with Joel Madden is due later this month, is working on learning to "relax, stay calm and think positive thoughts as the big day approaches."

I was pregnant a very long time ago, but I do not recall ever feeling afraid of the pain I would experience during the birth. I probably should have been, but I was also very young and ignorance sometimes really is bliss. I am glad I wasn't preoccupied with that reality as I think it would have marred the otherwise wonderful experience of being pregnant.

But if I were to find myself pregnant today, I think it would be a totally different story. Age has made me a wimp in many ways and let's face it, childbirth hurts. What about you? Were you overly worried about the pain of childbirth during your pregnancy? How did you deal with it?
Read | Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments