Thursday, July 17, 2008

Are women with shorter hair taken more seriously?

Filed under: , , ,

Since I live in a state that neighbor's New Hampshire, the primary have been a topic of much debate around town. Yesterday grabbing a cup of coffee I heard someone commenting about Hillary Clinton's appearance. "Her hair, it's so short. Looks just like Bill's."

And her guy friend said, "If it was long, she wouldn't be taken seriously."

I resisted the urge to turn around and poke a fork in his eye. Although logically, I can see where he's coming from. Short hair is more masculine, and men are taken more seriously. Right? Or something.

But, while I hate his premise, I do wonder: if Hillary Clinton had hair like Julia Roberts would she be in the running to be the President of the United States? (Keep in mind as you answer, that someday your daughter might be on the campaign trail.)

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments