Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Belly Button philosophy

Filed under: , , ,

Sometimes, kids can be very insightful. Sometimes, not so much. Children expect the world to be fair and notice when it isn't. As a parent, I do my best to even things out, but unfortunately, there is much that I have no control over. Jared discovered one such disparity.

Jared: Why do we have belly buttons?
Me: That's where the tube hooks up to your mommy when you're inside her tummy so she can feed you.
Jared: But I'm a boy. Why do I have a belly button?
Me: Boys need to hook up to their mommy so they can be fed too.
Jared: Will I ever have a baby?
Me: No, only girls can have babies.
Jared: That's not fair. That's not fair at all. That's what the government says.

I suspect there are a lot of women who would agree completely.
Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments