Wednesday, August 27, 2008

You want fries with that baby?

Filed under: Pregnancy and Birth, Teenager, Working moms, Going into labor, Birth complications, Birth announcementWhen I worked at McDonald's, I brought home what seemed like a huge amount of money, for a teenager. Sometimes, I would bring home dinner too. One girl, working at a McDonald's in Vancouver, Washington, brought home a bit more than that. She brought home a surprise -- a bouncing baby boy.Sixteen-year-old Danielle Miller was working at McDonald's when she suddenly felt ill. She ran to the bathroom, followed closely by a concerned friend and co-worker. The friend asked if she might be pregnant, to which Miller replied that she wasn't. Or so she thought, anyway. With the help of a 911 dispatcher and her friend, Miller gave birth in the restaurant restroom to her son Austin.Certainly, the birth of a child is a life-changing event and it's even more so when it is unexpected. "I was so shocked. I couldn't talk," said the new mum, who was taken with her baby to a nearby hospital by emergency personnel. "I was shaking the whole time. I didn't stop shaking until 3 a.m. the next morning," she added.If you ask me, I think this should qualify the kid for free nuggets for life or something. At the very least, if he goes to McDonald's for a snack after school, it will be just like going home, eh?Read | Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments