Thursday, August 28, 2008

Apple Martin could teach her dad a few things

Filed under: Celebrity babies, Celebrity parents, Celebrity parents behaving badlySo, your dad is a big rock star and mom is a famous actress. Complete strangers treat you like royalty and constantly tell you how wonderful and cute you are. With all that adulation, you are bound to become a little spoiled and possibly even bratty, right? No so in the case of Apple Martin, 3-year-old daughter of Gwyneth Paltrow and her husband Chris Martin. According to shop assistants at the New York boutique Ink Pad, Apple is a real sweetie, but her dad could use a refresher course on manners. A source at the shop says, "She was so cute, speaking a mile a minute and telling the clerk that her dad was taking her to see the new Alvin and the Chipmunks." As for Chris, the source says he "wasn't polite to the staff at all."The article doesn't say exactly what Chris did to be deemed impolite, but if Apple is anything like Ellie, she will set him straight. If Ellie sees me losing my patience or getting short with someone, she never fails to correct me. She will say, "Nana, you are being negative." This always gives me pause and forces me to rethink my attitude. How can I expect her to be well-mannered and polite if I don't set the example?Read | Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments