Thursday, June 26, 2008

Taser parties

Filed under: , ,

You've gotten invitations to home parties hawking Tupperware, baskets, children's educational books & toys, candles, lingerie, jewelry, make-up and skin care, and even sex toys. But have you been to a Taser party yet?

Dana Shafman is an independent entrepreneur who's been selling Tasers the same way my girlfriend has been trying to hook me on Arbonne cosmetics, by going into people's homes and demonstrating the product.

The C2, a civilian version of the Taser, became available in August. It is smaller than the version police officers use, but it packs the same electronic wallop, can fit into a purse, and is available in various colors-including pink.

"It's a girl power kind of thing," Shafman says. "You're kind of making a statement: I know I'm a woman. I know I'm the most sought after victim in regards to sexual assault, sexual abuse. So please stay away from me. If in the event you do come after me, I'm going to use my pink Taser to put you on the ground."

Because the C2 is legal in every state except: New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Michigan, Wisconsin, Hawaii, and Washington D.C., mentioning how you'd love to attend the Taser party but are afraid the tentative plan of moving to one of these areas means you'll have to send your regrets should extricate you from the electrifying demonstration, should you need an out.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments