Thursday, January 03, 2008

Stylish and cute organizational aid for moms

Filed under: Moms, Newborn, Infant / First year, MomwearWe get good and not-so-good tips sent to us all the time at ParentDish. (Your tips are always fantastic, though! Have you lost weight? Doing something new with you hair? You look good!) So when I got an email saying, "I was inspired to develop a line of products to rectify one of the biggest challenges I had as a new/breastfeeding Mom - never having what I needed, when and where I needed it." I sort of glazed over and the rest of the email played in my head like the voice of the teacher in Charlie Brown cartoons. Then I clicked over to the site and the awesomeness overwhelmed. All Erin Moyer, creator of My Mommy's pockets needed to do was add one little phrase: "retro-chic aprons" and there'd have been those little motion lines marking where I'd been standing, for I am a serious apron fan. And if you're not currently, Erin's creations will quickly turn you into an apron lover as well. I have a collection of vintage ones rescued from various garage sales, thrift stores and estate sales that I wear while cooking or cleaning, but none of my golden oldies have the pocket space to carry much more than the phone number of a pizza place. My Mommy's Pockets, as the name implies, have a lot of pocket space. There are small pockets with clever little snaps for attaching pacifiers, side pockets for a bit larger items, and bottom pockets big enough to hold all the things you wander into rooms looking for then forget what you're doing in that part of the house those first few groggy months of motherhood. The aprons come in fantastical fabrics that are modern with a vintagey vibe and fun names (Swingin' Mimi is my favorite!) and come in three styles: full, half, and quarter. Personally, I don't understand why anyone would wear anything other than the full, which looks like a sundress and would be completely adorable with a pair of jeans and a white long-sleeve T, but choice is good! If you want to get really fancy (or kick the butt of all other gift-givers at a baby shower) combine My Mommy's Pockets with the matching burp cloth , pacifier keeper, woobie, tiny sundress, or bitty apron and you'll achieve a near-lethal level of cuteness. %Gallery-12534%Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments