Thursday, September 11, 2008

An honest response

Filed under: ParentDish Laughs, Dads, 3 years, Preschooler, Indoor PlayI was in the shower when I heard someone outside the bathroom at the top of the stairs. It sounded like someone playing with the still-in-the-box presents put there to be opened in due time. I looked out (our bathroom has a glass door) and, sure enough, someone was holding one of the boxes. I opened the door and there was Sara, sitting in a laundry basket like Number Two and playing with a doll, still in the box. Our conversation went like this:Me: What are you doing?Sara: Blocking the way.Me: Huh?Sara: Blocking the way!Me: Oh. Okay.And so I closed the door and finished my shower. At least she was honest about what she was doing.Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments